• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

In my world

Nachos are a health food. 5 am doesn't exist except for sleeping. I always have exactly what I need to complete a recipe. I never overcook the meal. Breakfast can be eaten at anytime of the day. Dishes clean themselves. Morning breath is always minty and fresh. Work does not start until at least 11 am. Even when I'm wrong, it sounds right. Cars emit bubbles that smell like flowers. Cats are always cuddly. Dog poo instantly transforms into dirt. The weather is never under 32 degrees. Each beach has fancy sea shells to collect. Sisters never fight. My imperfectly perfect man has already found and adores me. This man loves to do laundry. My hair looks perfect right out of the shower. Everyone knows I'm clever. Extra cheese is not asked, it's assumed.

Life would be better

I wish we all had a front porch swing. The kind to make memories on and slow life down with. One to share sweet summer days watching neighbors play, drinking Sun Tea and listening to the breeze. The kind you can wear shorts and flip flops on while giggling with your sisters and dangling your feet because they can't quite touch the ground. The ones you flirted with and teased with on a first date that you are technically home on time from but want to squeeze out a few more moments for. The kind that Grandma's snuggle with you on when they bring over cookies and let you eat more then you should while telling stories about when your Mom was your age. Or the ones that Mom read stories to you on prior to nap time in your home made forts. Oh! And the "home base" swings that were almost knocked over or torn down from an exciting game of tag. And even the ones you impatiently sit on while you wait for everyone else to get ready for Sunday church, trying to put on your best show of hiding the fact that church was the last place you wanted to go when this porch swing was the starting point of so many adventurers Sunday afternoons would turn into after Mass was over.

The porch swing I want the most right now, is the one that should be on my Mom's house, waiting for me to come home to so that we can stay up late watching fire flies dance, sipping hot tea, hot cocoa or really good margaritas and reminiscing about the family I will have some day to share porch swing memories with while we catch up on missed time left so long in between when I've been gone and she's been waiting.
Read More 4 comments | Posted by erin edit post

4 comments

  1. Rice Family on 5:51 PM, May 23, 2008

    mmmm. I love that...

     
  2. Anonymous on 8:45 AM, June 03, 2008

    We can't wait to see you this summer. Since you will be closer soon we are in high hopes of seeing lots more!

     
  3. Gauthier Gang on 8:45 AM, June 03, 2008

    Sorry That wasn't supposed to come as anonymous.

     
  4. M on 3:46 PM, June 03, 2008

    Okay, slacker, get your blog on.

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

polaroid pages~

word captured, satisfaction guaranteed:
    • I live, I laugh, I cry, I dance, I dream.


  • Blog Archive

    • ► 2023 (2)
      • ► March (2)
    • ► 2013 (10)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► January (7)
    • ► 2012 (2)
      • ► October (1)
      • ► July (1)
    • ► 2011 (36)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► July (2)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (1)
      • ► April (5)
      • ► March (11)
      • ► February (9)
      • ► January (5)
    • ► 2010 (132)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (8)
      • ► August (9)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (14)
      • ► May (11)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (14)
      • ► February (24)
      • ► January (26)
    • ► 2009 (91)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (6)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (5)
      • ► July (3)
      • ► June (9)
      • ► May (8)
      • ► April (14)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (16)
      • ► January (18)
    • ▼ 2008 (61)
      • ► December (7)
      • ► November (15)
      • ► October (3)
      • ► June (1)
      • ▼ May (2)
        • Life would be better
        • I call it Art.
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (7)
      • ► February (11)
      • ► January (12)
    • ► 2007 (110)
      • ► December (5)
      • ► November (18)
      • ► October (14)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (11)
      • ► July (38)
      • ► June (23)
    • ► 2006 (27)
      • ► December (1)
      • ► November (26)

    I have bursts of being a lady, but they don't last long.

    Bloggedy Blogs

    • Twinner
    • Lego-me-Mego
    • Kit Kat
    • My AK girl
    • Aunt G
    • Bubba
    • IL Flavor

    Favorite Quotes:

    "After all, if it were Cleverness that counted most, Rabbit would be Number One, instead of that Bear. But that's not the way things work."
    ~ The Tao of Pooh

    "ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, 'Act swiftly awesome pacaderm!'"
    ~ Dr. Seuss

    "Sometimes, when I laugh, my boogers come out a little bit."
    ~ My niece Gilly

    Labels

    • All the other stuff (23)
    • Free Friday (17)
    • I'm funnier than you think I am (16)
    • Little notes (21)
    • Moody Monday (5)
    • Not Me Monday (13)
    • NRS (8)
    • Poet me this (38)
    • Thankful Thursdays (16)
    • Truthful Tuesdays (19)
    • Wordless Wednesday (17)

    Search This Blog

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Polaroid Pages. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top