This was an interesting type of drawing ... I would like to explore it more. Like the first drawing, I wasn't very excited about the approach. But in the end, I rather enjoyed the results, or at least the idea behind this type of drawing.
We were instructed to have a black and white sports photo (with action), and after turning the photo upside down we were supposed draw only lines that we saw from a small starting space, not actual objects. We continued from small space to small space from our starting point (upside down) so that we learned to see the lines we were drawing and not necessarily what we were drawing or the accuracy of it's placement. After the lines were drawn we continued by taking ink and painting values within the lines that we drew. This is what I ended up with, and although it may be a little skewed from the drawing itself, that's how it's supposed to be.
(At least, that's what she tells me)
I think it's called objective drawing (?) ... Emily, correct me if I'm wrong.

that reminds me of a movie. I can't remember the name of it. they filmed it and then painted the cells, and it looked a lot like that.
I love the styling.
Seriously. If I had a picture of me in some sort of action shot in that style... I'd feel like a king.