• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

In my world

Nachos are a health food. 5 am doesn't exist except for sleeping. I always have exactly what I need to complete a recipe. I never overcook the meal. Breakfast can be eaten at anytime of the day. Dishes clean themselves. Morning breath is always minty and fresh. Work does not start until at least 11 am. Even when I'm wrong, it sounds right. Cars emit bubbles that smell like flowers. Cats are always cuddly. Dog poo instantly transforms into dirt. The weather is never under 32 degrees. Each beach has fancy sea shells to collect. Sisters never fight. My imperfectly perfect man has already found and adores me. This man loves to do laundry. My hair looks perfect right out of the shower. Everyone knows I'm clever. Extra cheese is not asked, it's assumed.

shutterfly me away

It's that time of year again, when the normal t0-do list is impregnated with holiday wishes, must haves, and need to do's. Most of which are inspired by creative new ideas that always seem brilliant in the beginning. I'm holding back this year on most of these ambitious goals, but one thing I never miss out on is the sending of Christmas cards.

I don't remember sending cards as a kid. Family cards that is, obviously as a kid I wouldn't have been the sender. Had I been, they would have been filled with glitter and probably glued shut. (I digress.) When I was living on my own in Alaska I started using Christmas cards as a way to stay in touch with friends and family. Being 3000 miles away makes for some strained relationships and I may not keep in contact all the time, but I thought of them during the holidays, and that mattered. Along the years I have discovered that many of them where kept as keepsakes. Yearly progressions of Erin I suppose, since they all included a picture.

The first few years (insert brilliant idea that seemed so grand in the beginning) I handmade those little babies. What's better than getting a hand crafted personalized card from someone you love? Well ... one would be that I often didn't get them done in time and you received them late. I'm no scrapbooker, this artsy stuff is fun at first, but much harder than it seems. Props to all you handy ladies (possibly gentlemen) out there who master the art of cut and paste. I appreciate you. 3 years into trying to be that person I threw in the towel and by the 4th year I came to my senses, leaving handmade cards to the artisans.

For the last 4 years my Christmas cards have upgraded (in Erin's world upgraded means stylish simplicity) to photo cards printed and mailed directly from Shutterfly. Give me just a minute here ...

Dear Shutterfly,
I love you.
Sincerely,
Erin (<- the girl who admits handmade cards get glued shut)


Megan is the one who turned me on to shutterfly. Originally for photo sharing, but they obviously have soo much more. And when it comes to Christmas cards, the only binds I find myself in now is my indecisiveness. The pages and pages of Christmas cards (and Holiday cards for those of you sending them out in time to count Thanksgiving - Go YOU!) can keep me occupied for hours. That and realizing too late in the year that I don't have a suitable picture to slap on the card. After all, they are collectors items, I can't just use ANY picture.

Someday when I'm feeling extra ambitious I'm going to collect my favorite Alaskan photos and make one of these babies! Just don't hold me to a date. ;) Shutterfly may make it simple, but this girl can procrastinate anything.

But here's my little message to all you non card givers -

Everybody loves a little love. Spend a $1 and send a card. Best cheap present you'll ever give.
Read More 3 comments | Posted by erin edit post

3 comments

  1. Brian on 11:16 PM, November 29, 2010

    I love your cards.. I can't wait for you Christmas cards!

    Love,

    Me (President of the Erin's Christmas Card Collecting Fan Club)

     
  2. Rice Family on 10:19 PM, November 30, 2010

    ok. wait a minute. was this intentional - you and megan just made the same post! You even both say "i digress"! You are advertising for shutterfly, right? Or is it national shutterfly appreciation day?

     
  3. Chad on 12:59 AM, December 24, 2010

    It's about that time, eh?

    "Hmmm...I think she's interchanging (un)important with not interesting. Either way - nonsense! I shall have to remind her of this the next time she tries to go two weeks without blogging!"

    :)

    Merry Christmas!

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

polaroid pages~

word captured, satisfaction guaranteed:
    • I live, I laugh, I cry, I dance, I dream.


  • Blog Archive

    • ► 2023 (2)
      • ► March (2)
    • ► 2013 (10)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► January (7)
    • ► 2012 (2)
      • ► October (1)
      • ► July (1)
    • ► 2011 (36)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► July (2)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (1)
      • ► April (5)
      • ► March (11)
      • ► February (9)
      • ► January (5)
    • ▼ 2010 (132)
      • ▼ November (5)
        • shutterfly me away
        • Tangles of the mind
        • Wordless Wednesday
        • Truthful Tuesdays
        • Wordless Wednesday
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (8)
      • ► August (9)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (14)
      • ► May (11)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (14)
      • ► February (24)
      • ► January (26)
    • ► 2009 (91)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (6)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (5)
      • ► July (3)
      • ► June (9)
      • ► May (8)
      • ► April (14)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (16)
      • ► January (18)
    • ► 2008 (61)
      • ► December (7)
      • ► November (15)
      • ► October (3)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (2)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (7)
      • ► February (11)
      • ► January (12)
    • ► 2007 (110)
      • ► December (5)
      • ► November (18)
      • ► October (14)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (11)
      • ► July (38)
      • ► June (23)
    • ► 2006 (27)
      • ► December (1)
      • ► November (26)

    I have bursts of being a lady, but they don't last long.

    Bloggedy Blogs

    • Twinner
    • Lego-me-Mego
    • Kit Kat
    • My AK girl
    • Aunt G
    • Bubba
    • IL Flavor

    Favorite Quotes:

    "After all, if it were Cleverness that counted most, Rabbit would be Number One, instead of that Bear. But that's not the way things work."
    ~ The Tao of Pooh

    "ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, 'Act swiftly awesome pacaderm!'"
    ~ Dr. Seuss

    "Sometimes, when I laugh, my boogers come out a little bit."
    ~ My niece Gilly

    Labels

    • All the other stuff (23)
    • Free Friday (17)
    • I'm funnier than you think I am (16)
    • Little notes (21)
    • Moody Monday (5)
    • Not Me Monday (13)
    • NRS (8)
    • Poet me this (38)
    • Thankful Thursdays (16)
    • Truthful Tuesdays (19)
    • Wordless Wednesday (17)

    Search This Blog

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Polaroid Pages. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top