• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

In my world

Nachos are a health food. 5 am doesn't exist except for sleeping. I always have exactly what I need to complete a recipe. I never overcook the meal. Breakfast can be eaten at anytime of the day. Dishes clean themselves. Morning breath is always minty and fresh. Work does not start until at least 11 am. Even when I'm wrong, it sounds right. Cars emit bubbles that smell like flowers. Cats are always cuddly. Dog poo instantly transforms into dirt. The weather is never under 32 degrees. Each beach has fancy sea shells to collect. Sisters never fight. My imperfectly perfect man has already found and adores me. This man loves to do laundry. My hair looks perfect right out of the shower. Everyone knows I'm clever. Extra cheese is not asked, it's assumed.

Catching up ...

So, I have highly neglected this blogging page. It's sad, but true. (haha, that last sentence just made me think of the little mermaid when the sea witch is singing her song "It's sad, but true." hahaha!) Anyway, back on track. Yes, I have managed to avoid posting and while my reason is semi valid ... it's still just an excuse. Not that anyone gets on to this page but Megan ... but hey, I will do what I can to improve my blog posting duties! (claimed for the second time)What I had ingeniously planned was to work my way backwards from when I came to Alaska and inlightnen you about all of my great adventures during my time in Juneau before Anchorage. However, now I'm just going to give a quick synopsis and call it a day, becuase I've been waiting for my ingeniousness to kick in before I posted anything, and quite frankly ... it's lacking ... in many ways.So I came from Idaho to Alaska 5 years ago. I lived in Juneau with my beautiful Aunt Jill and crazy uncle Soapy (refer to below pictures). They took me in (becuase they didn't know what they were getting into) when I had decided to pack up and move to Alaska where my boyfriend (the love of my life and person I wanted to spend the rest of my life with) was going to school. Plan was, live in Juneau for a year, get my residency, go to Anchorage (where my boyfriend was ...) and start school there. And no, Anchorage is not a couple hours driving distance, we're talking ferry boat ride and all day road trip to get there. If you didn't already know, Juneau's only access is by boat or plane. Well, we all know, nothing truly goes as planned. Especially in Erin world. So I spent my year in Juneau, said my tearful goodbyes to my Aunt and Uncle and made my trip through to Anchorage. There I spent 3 years living with my boyfriend while he was going to school and working full time (each). I started work at Credit Union 1, which I loved and decided to stay with and move up in food chain until I reached Assistant Branch Manager. My boyfriend and I seperated. It was the hardest thing I've ever gone through, but nothing anyone reading this hasn't heard about over and over and over. It's been a year and a half since we parted. I got my own place, had a great roommate, started dating a spetacular guy. The roommate thing turned sour, so I got myself a new place with another great roommate whom I've been with for the last year (also see picture below). He's great and my Mommy loves him. I still work for Credit Union one ... and I may have left details out. But that is the long and short of it. I will fill you in as I go. :) Now I can post pictures and not worry about my original plan of going in order of events. This page will never ... I promise ... never ... be well organized. It just isn't in me!
Read More 1 Comment | Posted by erin edit post

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous on 8:18 AM, June 07, 2007

    Oh Miss Erin I read your blog. And I am happy to see some updates here! Did you know you uncle B is going to be in Juneau in July? You should take your friend down to meet him! Bob would love to see you anyway. Keep blogging!
    Love you Aunt G.

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

polaroid pages~

word captured, satisfaction guaranteed:
    • I live, I laugh, I cry, I dance, I dream.


  • Blog Archive

    • ► 2023 (2)
      • ► March (2)
    • ► 2013 (10)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► January (7)
    • ► 2012 (2)
      • ► October (1)
      • ► July (1)
    • ► 2011 (36)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► July (2)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (1)
      • ► April (5)
      • ► March (11)
      • ► February (9)
      • ► January (5)
    • ► 2010 (132)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (8)
      • ► August (9)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (14)
      • ► May (11)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (14)
      • ► February (24)
      • ► January (26)
    • ► 2009 (91)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (6)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (5)
      • ► July (3)
      • ► June (9)
      • ► May (8)
      • ► April (14)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (16)
      • ► January (18)
    • ► 2008 (61)
      • ► December (7)
      • ► November (15)
      • ► October (3)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (2)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (7)
      • ► February (11)
      • ► January (12)
    • ▼ 2007 (110)
      • ► December (5)
      • ► November (18)
      • ► October (14)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (11)
      • ► July (38)
      • ▼ June (23)
        • This is what I need to make me feel better :)
        • Kitty Blues
        • Mmm Crayons
        • Car Wash
        • I love my kitties.
        • Three kitty
        • Two kitty
        • One kitty
        • Mom's are the greatest
        • Mom and I playing around. I sure do miss her.
        • Look, Mom put a bonnet on me when I was a little k...
        • This is the reason I started coming to this blog. ...
        • struggling ...
        • Just like mom ...
        • Lunch boredom
        • When we first moved in I snapped a picture of Bria...
        • Now he just plops himself wherever he wants ...
        • Catching up ...
        • Another photo of Brian and I loving it up ...
        • My roommate Brian and I at our Christmas Party
        • Crazy, funny, entertaining Uncle Soapy
        • Beautiful, fun, amazing Aunt Jill
    • ► 2006 (27)
      • ► December (1)
      • ► November (26)

    I have bursts of being a lady, but they don't last long.

    Bloggedy Blogs

    • Twinner
    • Lego-me-Mego
    • Kit Kat
    • My AK girl
    • Aunt G
    • Bubba
    • IL Flavor

    Favorite Quotes:

    "After all, if it were Cleverness that counted most, Rabbit would be Number One, instead of that Bear. But that's not the way things work."
    ~ The Tao of Pooh

    "ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, 'Act swiftly awesome pacaderm!'"
    ~ Dr. Seuss

    "Sometimes, when I laugh, my boogers come out a little bit."
    ~ My niece Gilly

    Labels

    • All the other stuff (23)
    • Free Friday (17)
    • I'm funnier than you think I am (16)
    • Little notes (21)
    • Moody Monday (5)
    • Not Me Monday (13)
    • NRS (8)
    • Poet me this (38)
    • Thankful Thursdays (16)
    • Truthful Tuesdays (19)
    • Wordless Wednesday (17)

    Search This Blog

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Polaroid Pages. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top