• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

In my world

Nachos are a health food. 5 am doesn't exist except for sleeping. I always have exactly what I need to complete a recipe. I never overcook the meal. Breakfast can be eaten at anytime of the day. Dishes clean themselves. Morning breath is always minty and fresh. Work does not start until at least 11 am. Even when I'm wrong, it sounds right. Cars emit bubbles that smell like flowers. Cats are always cuddly. Dog poo instantly transforms into dirt. The weather is never under 32 degrees. Each beach has fancy sea shells to collect. Sisters never fight. My imperfectly perfect man has already found and adores me. This man loves to do laundry. My hair looks perfect right out of the shower. Everyone knows I'm clever. Extra cheese is not asked, it's assumed.

Swollen

My heart hurts some days.

Heavy, and like it doesn't fit right.

I think there's memories that push against it's walls.

Reflections building inside a space much too small.

I rationalize, ignore, and push them away.

But they come back,

Eventually.
Read More 4 comments | Posted by erin edit post

4 comments

  1. Chad on 10:57 AM, May 19, 2010

    No comments? That's just plain odd.

    Well, then.

    As usual, I have something mildly amusing I could put on here...but it would be better appreciated on a day when your feeling more lighthearted.

    So today I'll just say that you have an incredible talent for "wording", and I'm curious to know if something like this post is just there, or if you have to think on it for a while!

    Oh... and you should add Mulan and Wall-E to your list of movies. :)

     
  2. erin on 1:55 PM, May 19, 2010

    Haha, I'm sure the lack of comments is a result of lack of blogging.

    And yes, I do think on it a while. Because this used to be a long pathetic blog with excuses and feelings spilling out of it. I summed it up. Still got my pity party out on a day that was hard (they come and go), but didn't have to put anyone through a dramatic drawn out post.

    The silly thing is ... nothings really wrong ... just not really right ... and it's been like that for so long.

    I bounce back.

     
  3. Chad on 12:48 PM, May 21, 2010

    I give them a couple days...
    and still they don't comment.

    *cue chirping crickets*

    Wow. Tough audience!

    (Emily? Dan? Back me up here...)
    Please don't change your writing style. All the feeling is what makes it interesting!

     
  4. Dan on 2:57 PM, May 21, 2010

    not wrong, but not really right.

    I feel ya.

    And some days, when the heartspace seems a little too crowded, it could be there's one of those guests that never actually left, but was suspected to have. It's like, "Um, you're not welcome here."

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

polaroid pages~

word captured, satisfaction guaranteed:
    • I live, I laugh, I cry, I dance, I dream.


  • Blog Archive

    • ► 2023 (2)
      • ► March (2)
    • ► 2013 (10)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► January (7)
    • ► 2012 (2)
      • ► October (1)
      • ► July (1)
    • ► 2011 (36)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► July (2)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (1)
      • ► April (5)
      • ► March (11)
      • ► February (9)
      • ► January (5)
    • ▼ 2010 (132)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (8)
      • ► August (9)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (14)
      • ▼ May (11)
        • Ka-poot
        • Wordless Wednesday
        • Two Truthful Tuesdays (because I got a request)
        • Truthful Tuesdays
        • Not me Monday
        • Fudgy Brownies*
        • oh gee ...
        • I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
        • Swollen
        • I can watch these ones over and over again.
        • It's here! Well, almost. So close. Can't wait.SUMM...
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (14)
      • ► February (24)
      • ► January (26)
    • ► 2009 (91)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (6)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (5)
      • ► July (3)
      • ► June (9)
      • ► May (8)
      • ► April (14)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (16)
      • ► January (18)
    • ► 2008 (61)
      • ► December (7)
      • ► November (15)
      • ► October (3)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (2)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (7)
      • ► February (11)
      • ► January (12)
    • ► 2007 (110)
      • ► December (5)
      • ► November (18)
      • ► October (14)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (11)
      • ► July (38)
      • ► June (23)
    • ► 2006 (27)
      • ► December (1)
      • ► November (26)

    I have bursts of being a lady, but they don't last long.

    Bloggedy Blogs

    • Twinner
    • Lego-me-Mego
    • Kit Kat
    • My AK girl
    • Aunt G
    • Bubba
    • IL Flavor

    Favorite Quotes:

    "After all, if it were Cleverness that counted most, Rabbit would be Number One, instead of that Bear. But that's not the way things work."
    ~ The Tao of Pooh

    "ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, 'Act swiftly awesome pacaderm!'"
    ~ Dr. Seuss

    "Sometimes, when I laugh, my boogers come out a little bit."
    ~ My niece Gilly

    Labels

    • All the other stuff (23)
    • Free Friday (17)
    • I'm funnier than you think I am (16)
    • Little notes (21)
    • Moody Monday (5)
    • Not Me Monday (13)
    • NRS (8)
    • Poet me this (38)
    • Thankful Thursdays (16)
    • Truthful Tuesdays (19)
    • Wordless Wednesday (17)

    Search This Blog

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Polaroid Pages. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top