• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
Blue Orange Green Pink Purple

In my world

Nachos are a health food. 5 am doesn't exist except for sleeping. I always have exactly what I need to complete a recipe. I never overcook the meal. Breakfast can be eaten at anytime of the day. Dishes clean themselves. Morning breath is always minty and fresh. Work does not start until at least 11 am. Even when I'm wrong, it sounds right. Cars emit bubbles that smell like flowers. Cats are always cuddly. Dog poo instantly transforms into dirt. The weather is never under 32 degrees. Each beach has fancy sea shells to collect. Sisters never fight. My imperfectly perfect man has already found and adores me. This man loves to do laundry. My hair looks perfect right out of the shower. Everyone knows I'm clever. Extra cheese is not asked, it's assumed.

Namaste

I started my first class of Yoga yesterday. It has me thinking about how well tuned I am with my body, which is basically zilch. Besides the visual reference of a ruby red chord attached to my perineum and anchoring me to the center of the earth, I enjoyed the class very much. I don't know if I've ever purposefully focused on parts of my body as I used them. It adds a very unique experience to using your body.

This class is not an introductory class so there are terms and positions I bluffed my way through. But it is a more simple version of yoga (of which I understand there are MANY types) and throughout this 7 week program we will be focusing each week on a different chakra. Starting from the bottom, we worked last night on our root chakra (thus the ruby red chord reference),each chakra is represented by a color. I'm not going to lie, this part seemed strange. Probably because I have no idea what it's from or what it means. But I have an open mind, and I'm taking it all in as a broadening of my horizons. Plus I live in the 20th century, and we have this handy thing called the Internet. Not sure if you guys have heard of it. But I'm going to be utilizing it a bit this week so I can better understand these foreign pose names and spiritual references.

Oh, and I didn't know this Namaste word ... so I didn't use it while everyone else folded there hands and bowed their heads to the instructor and muttered it in unison. Makes me think how weird church must seem to someone who's never been, as we recite responses to the priest and perform the sign of the cross to the Eucharist. Haha.

To each his own.
Read More 3 comments | Posted by erin edit post

3 comments

  1. M on 3:30 PM, January 08, 2010

    For whatever its worth, you might want to read this:

    http://www.catholicculture.org/culture/library/view.cfm?id=8763&repos=1&subrepos=0&searchid=566607

     
  2. Dan on 12:26 AM, January 09, 2010

    Those are some informative links. Between you and M, I'm learning. on a Friday night... dang it. You both made me a nerd.

     
  3. Viewtiful_Justin on 9:15 AM, January 09, 2010

    I've always wanted to try yoga, but all the foreign terminology and the fact that I'm not even a LITTLE flexible have always stopped me.

     


Post a Comment
Newer Post Older Post Home

Followers

polaroid pages~

word captured, satisfaction guaranteed:
    • I live, I laugh, I cry, I dance, I dream.


  • Blog Archive

    • ► 2023 (2)
      • ► March (2)
    • ► 2013 (10)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► January (7)
    • ► 2012 (2)
      • ► October (1)
      • ► July (1)
    • ► 2011 (36)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (1)
      • ► July (2)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (1)
      • ► April (5)
      • ► March (11)
      • ► February (9)
      • ► January (5)
    • ▼ 2010 (132)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (7)
      • ► September (8)
      • ► August (9)
      • ► July (11)
      • ► June (14)
      • ► May (11)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (14)
      • ► February (24)
      • ▼ January (26)
        • How far
        • Well that didn't last very long ...
        • Two-fer Tuesday
        • The truth is ...
        • Oh Monday ...
        • Pick me up buttercup
        • The good's, the bad's, the ugly's
        • Sometimes, a girl just has to know how special she...
        • Wordless Wednesday
        • Last night I did not brush my teeth.
        • With reckless abandon
        • Recipe for disaster
        • When it comes to Jelly Bellys, anything is worth t...
        • Thankful Thursdays
        • Wordless Wednesday
        • Truthful Tuesdays
        • Moody Monday
        • Fancy Schmancy
        • Yoga, yoga, yoga.
        • Namaste
        • D to the A to the N
        • ::slap:: ::slap:: I challenge you to a duel!
        • Ok, ok. I started it.
        • Dear Mom
        • Year in a Word
        • I love potatoes.
    • ► 2009 (91)
      • ► December (2)
      • ► November (5)
      • ► October (6)
      • ► September (3)
      • ► August (5)
      • ► July (3)
      • ► June (9)
      • ► May (8)
      • ► April (14)
      • ► March (2)
      • ► February (16)
      • ► January (18)
    • ► 2008 (61)
      • ► December (7)
      • ► November (15)
      • ► October (3)
      • ► June (1)
      • ► May (2)
      • ► April (3)
      • ► March (7)
      • ► February (11)
      • ► January (12)
    • ► 2007 (110)
      • ► December (5)
      • ► November (18)
      • ► October (14)
      • ► September (1)
      • ► August (11)
      • ► July (38)
      • ► June (23)
    • ► 2006 (27)
      • ► December (1)
      • ► November (26)

    I have bursts of being a lady, but they don't last long.

    Bloggedy Blogs

    • Twinner
    • Lego-me-Mego
    • Kit Kat
    • My AK girl
    • Aunt G
    • Bubba
    • IL Flavor

    Favorite Quotes:

    "After all, if it were Cleverness that counted most, Rabbit would be Number One, instead of that Bear. But that's not the way things work."
    ~ The Tao of Pooh

    "ASAP. Whatever that means. It must mean, 'Act swiftly awesome pacaderm!'"
    ~ Dr. Seuss

    "Sometimes, when I laugh, my boogers come out a little bit."
    ~ My niece Gilly

    Labels

    • All the other stuff (23)
    • Free Friday (17)
    • I'm funnier than you think I am (16)
    • Little notes (21)
    • Moody Monday (5)
    • Not Me Monday (13)
    • NRS (8)
    • Poet me this (38)
    • Thankful Thursdays (16)
    • Truthful Tuesdays (19)
    • Wordless Wednesday (17)

    Search This Blog

  • Search






    • Home
    • Posts RSS
    • Comments RSS
    • Edit

    © Copyright Polaroid Pages. All rights reserved.
    Designed by FTL Wordpress Themes | Bloggerized by FalconHive.com
    brought to you by Smashing Magazine

    Back to Top